We are delighted to announce our bar and brasserie are now open as follows: Monday – Saturday 9am -10pm (dinner served until 8.30pm), Sunday 9am – 5pm
Please book a table via our website or by calling 01480 812300
Our bedrooms will re-open on Monday 2nd November.
We are delighted to welcome everyone back to our beautiful place.
We hope the information below will help you and everyone else enjoy their visit.
- Hand sanitisers are placed at each entrance to the hotel and around the building.
- We are offering table service only, so we will show you to your table on arrival. Please don’t wander around or move tables and chairs.
- All staff will be wearing face coverings, as must you unless you are sat down.
- Six friends can meet and sit together but please no more than that on the same table.
- We will bring everything to you and place drinks, cutlery and condiments on a tray for you to help yourself.
- Please use contactless payment where possible but rest assured the card machine will also be sanitised between guests.
- We will need to ask contact details of the lead member of the group for NHS track and trace purposes – you do have the right to refuse.
- Our staff will be temperature checked on arrival at work and we ask if you are feeling unwell please stay at home.
These are extraordinary times and we firmly believe that if we work together and use maximum common sense everyone can enjoy a safe time out.
Welcome to The George
This beautiful 18th century building has always been a coaching inn and in 2003 it was bought by the Furbank Family restored and refurbished. We now have twelve individually designed bedrooms, a wine bar and brasserie, and private dining room/meeting rooms.
The Covid 19 has had an impact on so many businesses but in particular hospitality but we are delighted that after 4 months of forced enclosure we are opening our doors once again. Food has always been at the centre of our bar and brasserie and continues to be so. We offer everything from brunch, lunch, cream teas, bar snacks and à la carte dishes. Every dish is lovingly created in our kitchen and packed with flavour. From morning coffee, to evening drinks and cocktails, the bar and lounge are great places to relax with friends and family.
Situated a stone’s throw from the Buckden roundabout on the A1 in Cambridgeshire, and close to the A14 the George Hotel and Brasserie is easily accessible from north, south, east and west.
The George Hotel & Brasserie is an ideal location to meet and do business with our rooms being set out with social distancing measures in place. Our private rooms are perfect for management and executive meetings, and can be organised to suit you. We’ll provide refreshments throughout the day too.
If you have a special occasion to celebrate, such as a wedding, anniversary or landmark birthday, we can help you to host your private event however small or large. We will work with you to create an individual celebration just as you want it, and allow you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Our bedrooms are currently closed but we hope to be taking bookings from September. All are individually designed and named after a famous George. Relax and enjoy our cloud-soft bedding, drencher showers and Bramley toiletries, as well as the essential Wi-Fi.
Our team of staff are here to help, offer a friendly face and a warm welcome.
Sign up for our email newsletter
Please use the subscribe button below to join our email news letter and receive all our latest offers